Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who am I rooting for this weekend? Michigan!

If the oddsmakers and pundits are to be believed, my two favorite NFL teams (my current-home Patriots and my childhood-home Packers) will be facing each other in a couple of weeks at the Super Bowl. Remember I said *if* the oddsmakers and pundits are right. If they are, I'm going to have to hide my Packers sweatshirt for the rest of January. And worse (well, worse for the football fan in me), I'm going to miss the game 'cause I'm on vacation with my family!

So what am I going to do? Simple: Root for Michigan!

Huh? Sure Dan - Michigan won their bowl game already... showing the SEC that not ALL Big Ten teams are pushovers, and sending Lloyd on with one more bowl win. What's this got to do with the NFL conference championships?

Well let's see here:

  • Chargers - Well, nobody's perfect!

  • Giants - Amani Toomer, who SI's Peter King calls, "one of the good guys... also one of the underrated guys.

  • Packers - Michigan Heisman winner Charles Woodson (who I saw at the 1997 Rose Bowl). The last Heisman winner Michigan had also spent some of his late career with Green Bay... and Desmond Howard took home a Super Bowl ring!

  • Patriots - Sitting on the bench at that 1997 Rose Bowl was a 6th round draft pick named Tom Brady.


No matter who you're rooting for this weekend, I've two words for you: GO BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment